Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Ginger spices over the apple

Before this place opened, the shop was already attractive and stuck out from the street.
It had a nice ocean blue background with a simple white logo which represents a slice of cake, the top of the cake logo is actually a "G" for Ginger bakery. Anyway after it opened I bought a few cakes to try on my first visit, I was not given a 10% discount card for my next visit, however on my second visit, I was given one, but that time I had already tried everything.
The staff were OK, but perhaps slightly too pushy, as soon as you enter they expect you to be buying and know what you want.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lime chiffon tart:
On the label it said Lime chiffon tart, but it actually looked like a lemon tart and the colour was like lemon.
The taste was more lemon than lime.
It was not sour either.
The texture of the filling was mousse like, with the fine mousse bubbles popping in your mouth.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Apple crumble:
It would have been great if it came with a scoop of ice-cream or perhaps some whipped cream or hot custard.
Anyway, the apple crumble was quite hard, and the crumble came off the apple.
The apple was slices of apple and not the soft cooked apple I was hoping for.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Poppy seed muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...