Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A green 缽仔糕!!!!!! A real head turner @ Macau Soya Bean

I hardly ever buy from this place, because all the products are too Chinesey such as glutinous desserts, silky tofu, etc. There were a few green items I wanted to get, but to my dismay they told me it was Green Tea and not Pandan.

Despite the fact I do not like Chinesey green tea combinations such as green tea and red bean.
I got this mint green 缽仔糕 expecting it would be green tea and red bean! The usual boring combination.
To be honest I never eat 缽仔糕, they are usually too sweet and I hate red beans.

To my surprise when I was taking the photo I could smell coconut, a good sign!
The pudding was firm, and the beans were nice and hard, not too starchy.
The sweetness was just right and the texture was like dense jelly.

As I am not really a red bean lover, it would be cool if it the red beans were chocolate chips.
They should be more adventurous and make more flavours!!!

Flavours I think they should make:
Mint with chocolate chips, Strawberry with strawberry pieces, Chocolate with crushed peanut, coffee.
The list could be endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...