Friday, March 30, 2012

Keep the rolls rolling! @ Roll

Cute shop located on Granville Road, came here especially to try their Swiss rolls.

Luckily they had mini sized rolls so I could try more flavours and eat there too, or I would be annoyed carrying them about in the shop till u drop area!

For Swiss rolls, they had the following flavours: vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, chocolate banana, maple syrup, green tea, earl grey, coffee, chestnut and a seasonal flavour.

I chose earl grey, maple syrup and chocolate banana as the rest were a bit common and you can guess roughly how it would taste like.

All the rolls were soft with fresh cream inside, proper fresh cream, not the fake butter salted cream in maxims.

Maple syrup: the maple syrup wasn’t that strong or too sweet.
Chocolate banana: slightly strong in cocoa taste with fresh pieces of banana.
Earl grey: this was the best, I was expecting the sponge to be earl grey flavoured, but the filling inside was earl grey, it was like a creme sauce, with fresh grassy taste to it.

Then I contemplated on whether I was going to try the Macarons or not, in the end I decided too.
My first macaron was from some shop at Harbour City, which was awfully sweet, and after that I assumed all macarons were like that.

Anyway, I decided to try the raspberry and lychee, raspberry being the traditional one, and lychee as its flavour is very delicate yet fragrant.
Both macarons had a very crumbly texture with an almost thick filling inside that adhered the marcaron together when you ate it. The macaron was very nutty with nutty pieces in it and not overly sweet that you’re screaming for water.
Overall Lychee was the best, as neither of its components overpowered each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...