Sunday, March 04, 2012

Kingdom of German cakes galore



There were two cabinets, one had pre-cut samples which I was puzzled why she did not offer me any to try, after I had bought a piece of cake, she still did not offer me any samples.
In UK, they always offer you samples and let you try things, so I would have thought that as Germany is part of Europe that it would be similar too, and if it was managed by German people, they would probably instruct their staff how to offer people samples.

Anyway, I bought the Spanish Vanilla Slice with Raspberries and Cream first, after I ate that I decided to go back and order another cake, the next cake I chose was the chocolate and cherry cream slice and then she finally offered me a sample of the cakes!!!

Although she said that these cakes were imported from Germany, I was surprised it was not owned by the locals because the service was localised and not European.
If only they had arrived earlier, then it would be interesting to judge their customer service.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Spanish Vanilla Slice with Raspberries and Cream
I was expecting real raspberries, but it was raspberry puree. When you look at it from the side, they looked like real raspberries, but it was puree in that shape.
The base was cake with chocolate, the chocolate had been cut and mixed in with the cake mixture before baking so when the cake it baked, there are dots of moist chocolate in the cake!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Chocolate and cherry cream slice
I really loved this one, the cherries were tart and chewy.
The cream was frozen cream, so its texture was slightly dehydrated and firm, but I really liked it because this is the type of cream they have in UK, but you can’t expect the cream to be fresher because it has been frozen and imported.
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Future items to try:

Black Forest with Alcohol


Frankfurt Ring Cake


Chocolate and Cherry Sheet Cake


Plum Cake

◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
English menu: Yes

Service: They were not iniative at offering samples
Yummy factor: Very
Sweetness levels: Just right
Website: http://www.kingspastryasia.com/

◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...