Sunday, March 25, 2012

London's Belgo versus Frites Belgium on Tap

I have always wanted to come here, but the locations were not that convenient.
I finally got motivated to come because so many new restaurants have opened here such as Greco Pi, which was the one I actually wanted to go, but since it was a cold day, I went to this place instead.

Ever since I had moule frites in London, I have always had a craving for them, I tried Belgo’s East in Hong Kong but it was not good.

The restaurant style at this place was similar to the Friar tuck style with high ceilings and wooden tables and benches.
They serve the same range of mussels as Belgo’s.
However it is slightly cheaper to eat in London, according to Belgo's online menu.
For a kilo of mussels in London it costs £12.95 and for a kilo of mussels here it costs $345 (approx £28).

The mussels were served in half or one kilo portions, so I ordered two half kilos for two different flavours.
I ordered the Laksa and the Hoegarden.

The mussels were fresh just like the London ones, however they were very hairy inside and salty.
The ones in London were not that salty compared to Hong Kong.
The mussels here were so salty that I felt my mouth and throat stung after eating them.
The Laksa one was the saltier of the two and it tasted like Green curry and nothing like Laksa.
The Hoegarden was not that strong, but it was still too salty.
They were both served with a slice of Rye bread and fries that were fried to perfection, and there was a pot of mayonnaise to go with the fries.
Laksa
Laksa
 
Overall this restaurant is OK, but I was not satisfied that I had to sit near another occupied table when the restaurant was 90% empty.
If the mussels were not so salty, then it would have been perfect.

RESTAURANT : Frites Belgium on Tap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...