Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Maxim's Marble Chiffon cake

The Maxim's marble chiffon cake was on promotion for 2 for $20.

In the past the other chiffon cakes were also 2 for $20, the flavours in the past were Earl Grey and Pandan.

As I had to get two I chose one with more marbling patterns on it and the other I chose more chocolate in it.

I tried the one with more marbling patterns on it first.
As expected, it was soft and your fingers are oily after touching it.
I did not like it because it just tasted the same as the usual cakes with strong egg taste and it was too sweet to taste anything else.

But when I tried the other cake, it was much nicer, it was less eggy and sweet.

There is some inconsistency in the taste which is affected by either the sweetness levels or the proportion of the chocolate in it matters.
more chocolate
more chocolate
less chocolate


◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Price: $20 for 2
Service: OK
Sweetness factor: Inconsistent
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...