Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nice place for dining, but service has to improve @ Assaggio Trattoria Italiana

Situated at the art centres, it has a nice view over looking the sea, you can choose Al-fresco dining or sit inside.

The thing I was most impressed about was their digital menu and ordering system.
It was really good because it contained pictures and information of the dishes, and an ordering list on what you have ordered.
When I sat down, I was given a normal menu, the staff briefly said something was not available which I assumed to be updated on their hi-tech ipad.
Anyway, after browsing their digital menu, I ordered four items and passed the digital menu back to the waiter and he said “I told you that item wasn’t available, how could you forget”.
I felt that was a bit rude.

I wanted to get the grilled chicken with mustard, chili and lemon juice but I got the pizza instead.
So I ordered the Buccatini Amatriciana, Tartufo pizza and Spuma di yogurt e anice con coulis di fragola e meringhe.
Buccatini Amatriciana was hollow spaghetti cooked with pork cheek, onion in light tomato sauce.

After ordering, I was served some bread, which came with vinegar and olive oil.
Next the pizza and buccatini came.

Buccatini amatriciana:
This was so different to the menu description, instead of pork cheek it was fatty bacon, and the pasta was really oily.
Tartufo pizza:
This was pizza with truffle, tomato, mozzarella and fontina cheese and raw spinach leaves.
It looked nice and the truffle slices were big, but the whole pizza was tasteless.
Tartufo pizza
Tartufo pizza
 
After finishing the mains, the same waitor who accused me of being forgetful that an item he said was unavailable asked me if I wanted to order dessert was also forgetful himself because I had already ordered dessert, so I said I already ordered dessert and he said “oh yea”.

Anyway the dessert I ordered was anise flavoured yogurt foam with strawberry coulis and meringue.
It was quite a nice dessert however I found it too creamy and bitter lacking yoghurt taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...