Friday, March 30, 2012

No goose pimples for me!! @ Lo Pak

Whenever I go for goose at this place, the locals always warn me that eating goose will result in acne attacks, well I have had it for a few consecutive days and it doesn’t happen to me!!
Although the thought of an acne attack sends goose pimples forming!

Same with fried food, without drinking their so-called “herbal tea” I do not get sore throats either, the only scientific reason I can think of is that the fried food hot, so it probably burns the throat resulting in a sore throat the next day.

My favourite dish here is the goose slices (sliced goose breast) with rice, it is pure meat, and the skin has also been removed.
I always request it without sauce, because it softens the rice, and the sauce is very oily and I wonder how long its been there after cooking the geese in it.
Instead I prefer the sauce from the bags, it is much more concentrated and less greasy.

The goose slices are rich, but also depends which part they slice it from, one of is much nicer without the artery running through it.
As well as goose, I also tried the liver, very big in size too.

Although the food is good, I think the locals have a better digestive system than me, because the hygiene of roast meats in Hong Kong isn’t that good. They are usually left by the window, and sometimes there are flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...