Saturday, March 24, 2012

Not only for beef lovers only

I am not a fan of beef or beef noodles but this place offers noodles with prawns, so for people who do not eat beef, they can order this dish.

I have not tried Taiwanese style prawn noodles before, so I was not sure what to expect.

When it came, the broth was red, and the noodles were topped with lemongrass, prawns and tomato and there was a layer of oil on top.
I am not sure if they have this in Taiwan, but it reminds me of Tom Yum Kung which is Thai.

The noodles were yellow and thinner than the ones served in the beef noodles, they were not soft enough, so I left it for a while to absorb the soup.
The soup was not as spicy as it looked and it was strong in lemongrass and prawn taste.

The tomatoes were nice and soft, the skin came off easily and it was nicely flavoured by the broth.
The noodles came with a choice of soybean milk or grosvenor momordica with honey drink.

I chose the grosvenor momordica drink which was slightly too sweet, but as there was water given I diluted the drink with it.
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Shop: Big Wife noodle
Service: Need to ask for water
Yummy factor: OK
MSG levels: Slight
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...