Thursday, March 29, 2012

Six piece deluxe sushi set @ Sushi express

I suppose it is cheap to get a sushi set for $43 which includes Sea urchin, Cod roe and Scallop.

I found it appealing because it was a combination of the three items that I liked.

I had the scallop sushi to start with because it had the lightest taste.
The taste was ok, not particular good or bad.

Next I had the sea urchin because the cod roe is saltier in comparision.

The colour of the sea urchin was dull orange, and it was bitter.
This was the first time I have tried bitter sea urchin, usually it tastes sweet and creamy.

Lastly I had the cod roe, it was different to the cod roes I have had previously, the size of the roe was much smaller in diameter than the usual ones. It was roughly the size of BB guns pellets.
The colour of the roe was reddish orange, not the dark orange ones I have seen before.
The roe was all stuck together by a membrane and not loose like the ones I have seen.
The roe also had a bitter and salty taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...