Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thank you for the excellent roast potatoes! @ THANK YOU VERY MUCH

This shop is really called Thank you very much!
It was also one of those shops on my to go list in Sham Shui Po.

It dosnt sell the "usual" type of food.

I think they are unique in Hong Kong, especially since they serve Pita bread for beef burgers and not kebabs.

The main items that they serve are pita breads filled with different choices of filling:
beef burger, prawn cutlet, duck breast, pork neck, fried fish filet.

I chose the beef one and got the combo which includes a choice of rice, salad, or fried potato wedges and a drink.

After ordering, I was given a letter "a" which was rather cute, it was much more memorable than those plastic coins with numbers written on it.
Due to the design or the shop and the food they served, I felt like I was at infant school playing shop keeper and customer role playing games.
Pita bread with beef burger:
This looked exactly like the product shot, the yellow sauce which I thought was cheese was actually sweet sauce.
The burger tasted really good, even better than I imagined.
I would have preferred less sauce, since it was a bit sweet.
The pita bread was the best, slighty chewy and soft and tastes better than a hamburger bun.
The whole thing feels light and healthy apart from the sauce. Potato wedges:
Before I ordered, I saw them in the display cabinet and they looked delicious already.
Although they call them potato wedges, they are actually ROAST POTATOES to me.
The pita bread was good, but this was brilliant.
The shape of these potato wedges are actually like cubes, not wedge shaped.
The potatoes are uniformly crispy and golden on the outside, yet fluffly and soft in the centre.
It was so delicious, because it tasted like roast potatoes, but these had salt and spices sprinkled on the surface.
The only improvement is less salt, because it was slightly too salty. Apart from that, customer service was excellent and friendly, the staff was patient with questions and answering the customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...