Friday, March 30, 2012

Truffle with scrambled eggs and kaya toast @ 華星冰室

Came here just for the scrambled eggs with truffle.

Their scrambled eggs are perfect, so I thought with the addition of truffle it would intensify the flavours even more, as the egg itself was abit bland, so with truffle it would give it some saltiness.

Anyway, when it arrived I was a bit surprised, there was lots of truffle on top, yet I couldnt smell any of it, even the cheap one at Fairwood had a more pungent smell.

The truffle didnt have much taste, so I wondered if the truffle had not been in an air tight container hence loosing its smell and flavour.



Also tried the toast with kaya and jam.
The jam was a bit sweet.
The kaya was orange instead of green, but it seems the Chinese serve the orange ones.
The flavour wasnt as fragrant as the green one.
Anyway I had mine unbuttered, as I don't like sweet and salty flavours mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...