Sunday, March 04, 2012

When the Princess meets Queens Road East

Previously walked past Princess in Central but never went in.

Now there is finally a Princess at Wan Chai and located on Queen's Road which I saw late last year but the cakes looked really heavy so I didn’t try them.

Recently when I walked past I saw the mini crown cake so I got it.



The cake was packed in a really nice box that looks like a handbag with a ribbon as the handle.

When I opened the box I found the ball from the top of the crown had fallen off which could not have been caused by carrying it back because the edges of the box could not touch the top centre of the cake but only the sides of the cake.

Anyway, I was slightly disappointed because the edges of the box got chocolate on it, and it is such a waste of a lovely box.
It would be great if they had a mini box to put the cake in and then into the lovely elegant box so that it keeps it clean and easier to carry.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Dark Crown - Chocolate and earl grey tea
The chocolate on the outside is made of thick mousse and not solid chocolate as it looks.
Surprisingly the sweetness is just right and the earl grey filling can be seen inside the cake.
Although the earl grey was strong I would have preferred it to be stronger to match the name Dark crown.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
As well as their cakes I want to try their savory cakes such as Champagne caviar, Foie Gras, White Truffle and Savoury cookies which I hope taste 100% savoury and not savoury and sweet.
Another interesting product I want to try is the Pure egg white crisps!!
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
English menu: Yes
Service: OK
Yummy factor: OK
Sweetness factor: Just right
Address: G/F, 119 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...