Saturday, March 24, 2012

Xinjiang wildfire grilled skewers

I was hesitant about trying this because I usually get food poisoning from these types of places, but I could not resist the smell of cumin. I was on the footbridge above this stall and I could already smell the fumes coming from this place. The smell of cumin must have been really strong because when I was eating my grilled lamb skewer on the escalator the person in front obviously smelt it and turned his head round to see what I was eating.

Anyway, I am surprised that no one has given this a review on Openrice.

They basically serve ten items, some of the English translations are translated directly from Chinese such as Secret pork, snowflake beef and creamy chicken.
I believe they mean juicy tender chicken instead of creamy. The ten choices are: chicken, chicken wings, lamb, beef, wagyu beef, chives, sweetcorn, garlic, green beans and pork.
When it is being grilled they will put honey on it, after it is grilled, they will put seasoning on it such as spicy seasoning and cumin. My lamb skewer was just right, it was not gamey, but the only complaint was that the meat was fatty.
It was sprinkled with generous cumin and now I am tempted to try the chicken and beef!
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Price: $10
Service: OK
Yummy factor: Very
MSG levels: The cumin seasoning has some slight MSG in it
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Address: 野火燒
Shop E1, 124 Tung Choi Street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...