Monday, April 02, 2012

Sea cucumber and fish maw @ 金滬庭京川滬菜館 Shanghai Restaurant

Among all the Shanghai cuisines in Hong Kong, this one is quite recommendable to foreigners, firstly it has a English menu with pictures, and frequently there will be foreigners eating there, so quite well established in that community.

I eat here quite frequently, so I will not review the little dragon buns, or the noodles etc.

In addition to the regular items, I ordered sliced abalone in mustard sauce, which is just canned abalone. For $54 is it a bit pricey, it is a rubbery texture you get from the cans. Also it is not in mustard sauce, there is a separate dish of soy sauce with wasabi for dipping.
To me if it was mixed in a creamy mustard sauce, it would taste much better.

As well as that I ordered the Sea cucumber and fish maw with prawn roe.

This dish was very delectable, rich and thick brown sauce, very pungent of prawn roe covered the sea cucumber and fish maw. The sea cucumber could have been softer, and the fish maw was perfect. Both the sea cucumber and fish maw are quite plain itself, so it tasted good with the strong sauce.

After I finished the dish, there was still sauce left, and so put some of my noodles in it, and made my noodles tasted so good as well.
The waitress was a bit annoying, because she was just about to collect that dish, and I said to her, its not finished, but she still tried to take it, I had to say it to her three times to stop her collecting it, or else I wouldnt of been able to put those noodles in that sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...