Friday, March 30, 2012

Black forest roll @ Sakurashima Bakery

Felt like something sweet, so just got a cheap $5 chocolate roll from this place, they also had the black forest cake at $6 which was very cheap, but considering I didn’t like the white chocolate shavings on top and they didn’t even have a box to put theses cakes unless you bought a dozen, I got the chocolate roll which was the same as the black forest cake.

The location is very annoying too, located near the butchers and fishmongers, it is a bit hard to carry delicate bakery amongst slow walking housewives and people with kids.

Anyway, the roll was big and cheap, the sponge was ok, not that chocolatey.
The cream inside was the usual fake stuff, embedded with diced blackcurrant jelly.
It tasted ok, but then there was this crunch and I realised it was pieces of egg shell.
So I suppose, I can confirm 100% it contained egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...