Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fairwood breakfast: chicken croquette and pumpkin congee

Order the chicken croquette set and the pumpkin congee. 
The set I got had a potato, chicken and bacon croquette, which comes with a piece of chicken and a bowl of macaroni.
On the product shot, the piece of chicken looked like a piece of chicken cutlet.
When I got my breakfast, I realised it was grilled chicken and not cutlet, anyway, it did seem odd having two fried items in a set.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Grilled chicken:
The grilled chicken was slightly oily but the chicken tasted ok and there was some MSG in it too.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
There was Chinese salad cream for the croquette but I did not use it.
Chinese salad cream
Chinese salad cream
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Croquette:
The croquette was oily as well, but the croquette filling was nice, it was creamy mashed potato with pieces of chicken and bacon.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Macaroni:
The macaroni tasted average to me because it was not soft enough and I don’t like ribbed macaroni.
macaroni and ham
macaroni and ham
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
The pumpkin and pork congee is surprisingly nice from Fairwood.
It tastes better than Ocean Empire's version.
There are generous amounts of pumpkin in the congee and visible pieces of spring onions.
The ratio of pumpkin to congee is about 50:50.
The texture of the pumpkin is not too soft and I like the way it has been chopped into tiny pieces.
I love the golden colour of the congee and the green pieces of spring onions which make this congee colourful and fun.
I would recommend this congee to the elderly or babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...