Friday, March 30, 2012

French toast with corned beef and syrup!!! @ Daniel's Restaurant

I wasn’t very hungry so I decided to order a Toast with corned beef, assuming it would be bread with corned beef and toasted.
There were two choices with corned beef, one was toasted bun with corned beef and cheese, and the other was toast.

After placing my order, a small jug of syrup was placed on my table.
Then I realised it was that weird Chinese toast where they dip the bread in egg and fry it.
I have always thought it was a weird snack, because egg is meant to be savoury, and the syrup is sweet.

Anyway, this one strikes me as totally weird, especially since it had salty corned beef in the middle, but luckily the syrup was served separately.

When it came, it just looked like those ordinary chinese toasts fried to golden yellow.
Without the syrup, it tasted ok, slightly savoury with corned beef filling inside.
I requested for some ketchup and dipped it in that, and it tasted quite nice, at least it matched.
If it was proper Heinz ketchup, it would taste nicer, the Chinese ketchup is slightly too sweet for me, I might as well of used syrup.

Interesting french toasts that could be made:

French toast filled with chicken served with satay sauce, French toast filled with British sausages served with baked beans, French toast filled with red beans served with green tea ice-cream.

French toast with corned beef inside
French toast with corned beef inside
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...