Tuesday, March 27, 2012

" Love chocolate " fondue @ Hui Lau Shan

Ordered the chocolate fondue, which is practically as good as the fondue else where, the fruit could have been fresher and the fruit selection could have been more appropriate.
Usually it is berries, but I suppose in Hong Kong, I have to make to with the locally available fruit such a melon.
I consider melon as more of a fruit to go with savoury items such as Parma ham

The fondue set comprises of chocolate fondue, ice-cream, plate of cut fruit consisting of banana, kiwi, strawberries, honeydew melon and cantaloupe melon, finger biscuits and 3 marshmallows.

Although the waitress forgot to light up the candle beneath the chocolate fondue until I was halfway through eating it, I could have done without because the type of chocolate they used dosnt harden.

The fondue set costs $58 but there are vouchers to download on their website.

Apart from the chocolate set, I also got the curry mixture, which consists of fish balls, sliced stomach, squid tentacles and white carrot.
The curry was a little too spicy for me and there was a film of chilli oil at the top, which made it even spicy.
The sliced stomach was a little too soft, but the rest was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...