Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rock hard dehydrated chocolate cake @ New Phoenix cake shop

After trying their delicious chicken pie, walked past another day and the chocolate cake caught my eye.
It "LOOKED LIKE" a really nice Western chocolate cake with a cherry on top.
I asked what it was, but the staff there didnt seem to get my question.
Anyway I got one, and when they picked it up, it seemed really hard and unfresh, but I did not bother to ask for a fresher one.
When it was picked up by the tongs, the cake did not deform or compress so you can imagine how hard it was.
As I was carrying it, the cream in the middle and on the top was so brittle that the cherry fell off with the cream intact.
The taste was totally Chinese, the typical salted chocolate cream.
The cake was dry and hard.
Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...