Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Steamed chinese buns takeaway @ Bao Dim King

I am not a fan of Chinese food, but since I tried "Tong Gay Bau dim" for the sweet steamed buns, I might as well try this one.

They are famous for the pork and vegetable bun, and potstickers, but my instincts told me to get the picked vegetable and meat bun.

Anyway, I got the pork vegetable bun, potstickers, steamed pumpkin bun with purple rice, and the lotus leaf wrapped glutinous rice.

Pumpkin and purple rice sweet bun:
The filling inside was pumpkin and the steamed bun was mixed with purple rice.
The filling was at the right sweetness level, and the taste was a mix of pumpkin, shredded coconut and custard.
It tasted like a custard bun and a chicken tail bun mixed together.

Potstickers:
Probably the largest size in Hong Kong!
About 7cm in length and 4.5cm in width!!
The filling inside was pork and cabbage.
The dumpling pastry was very thick, about 3mm.
The vinegar was definately needed to make it more appetising.

Pork and Vegetable bun:
This had the familar taste of the usual chinese steamed buns because of the GINGER!!
I think next time I will get the spicy cabbage as it dosnt have ginger taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...