Saturday, March 31, 2012

supersupergirl woz here! @ Chips Republic

When I first heard about this place, I was instantly reminded of Burger Republic, the logos are similar too, when I saw the menu, it totally confirmed the same owner owns them.
The Bailey’s milkshake is served at both places.

Anyway, I came here especially for chips and curry sauce, something I haven’t had for ages, the last time I had it was in this little food stall in Stratford market in East London, I wonder if it is still there.
Apart from chips with curry sauce, I also got chips with cheese and mayonnaise.

The chips were nice and crispy, and the sauce was perfect especially the curry sauce.
The other one with cheese sauce was also good, it is not melted cheese, but cheese sauce, similar to the one at Burger mix, except the Burger mix one is runnier.
The cheese and mayonnaise were both quite thick in texture, so it covered the chips nicely.

I would have loved more sauce, I love chips drenched in sauce, especially curry sauce or gravy.

For drinks, had Baileys and blueberry milkshake, both were very smooth and cold, without fine ice crystals, it was light and foamy too, but weighted down by the milk.
The baileys didn’t taste that strong of baileys, but it was good, and the blueberry was better than expected, it was made with real blueberries, and there were quite a few whole berries in it.

Whilst we were there, they gave away samples of other milkshakes and chips, so I tried the Sesame one, I actually avoid sesame, but this one tasted really good, perhaps it was made in a British way! I could taste bits of Oreo in the Sesame milkshake, so I think that enhanced it.
There were other flavours too: Strawberry, chocolate green tea, coffee, sesame, green tea.

As for the chips, there were other flavours too, chilli con carne, Cajun, gravy and mozzarella.

For improvement: I think the customers could be given a choice of crispiness of i.e. just crispy, crispy or very crispy, as some like it soggy, some like it crispy, and I like them crispy at the beginning and then gradually soggy by the sauce.

Also there was news from the owner that Burger Republic may be re-locating, I hope they serve chips and curry sauce too, another place for me to get chips and curry sauce as well as from Elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...