Saturday, March 31, 2012

Taiwanese sausages @ 香腸世家

When I first saw these sausages, they were nothing like the German sausages, Frankfurters, or UK sausages, in fact they had a clear glazed skin with the appearance of the Chinese Wax sausages but not shrivelled up, I didn’t try as I assumed they would taste like that. I had no idea they were Taiwanese sausages.

Then after I read reviews about them I decided to try them because of the interesting flavours.

According to the Taiwanese website, the flavours are: blue tuna, black pepper, red wine flying fish roe, ink fish, Sakura shrimp, sorghum liquor, flying fish roe, Sichuan chilli, iron egg, bonito fish and cheese.

The joint here only served four of the above: Blue tuna, Flying fish roe, Sakura shrimp with wasabi, and ink fish.
I suppose the flavours served here are the ones I would have picked, especially egg in a sausage is a bit strange. Anyway before I made my way here, I was thinking which two to try, as trying all would be a bit much. Luckily you could get a stick with three flavours: flying fish roe, blue tuna and squid ink.

Taste: All have the soft firm texture like British sausages, however they all have that sweetness taste expected in Asian foods.
They did not contain a lot of fatty bits as I had imagined.

I thought the tuna one was quite good, had lumps of tuna in it, so was the one with roe.
Next time I need to try the Sakara shrimp too, and maybe see those little shrimps embedded in the sausage.

All the cooked sausages were laid on this area with tiny white pebbles, I actually want to know if they will wash these pebbles, or reuse them everyday!!

Anyway no photograph was taken, a bit difficult in that busy street!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...