Sunday, April 01, 2012

Italian rice balls @ Pizzetteria

Ordered the Italian rice ball with the appearance resembling a scotch egg, the order was packed in an aluminium box, a box I had'nt seen for ages.
I was instantly reminded of the indian/chinese takeaways in UK.
However in HK they use the CFC boxes, which also gives the food a slight CFC odour, especially with soup.

Anyway this is my first time trying the Italian rice balls, the rice was mixed with cheese and sundried tomato.

The cheese was strong, not mozzarrella as it did not melt in a stringy mess when it was heated. I would have preferred more cheese, as the whole thing was slightly dry.
The rice was slightly hard too.
Perhaps there was meant to be a sauce to go with it?

Apart from that, I really enjoyed it, and next time I shall try the fried dough with anchovies in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...