Friday, March 30, 2012

Another vegetarian hangout in Wan Chai's Happy Veggies

Apart from "Loving Hut", there is another vegetarian hangout, located near Wing Wah noodles in a building sandwiched in between 7-11 and Circle K.

The restaurant is on the first floor of Bayfield Building, and you need to take the elevator up one floor, the elevator is somewhat festive, because it makes a weird halloween sound effect when the door opens and closes, also the doors are on both sides.

When I walked in, I did'nt realised they changed the style like Loving hut, where you order, pay and collect.

I thought it was going to be sit down, order, and they will serve you.

At the counter there was a sheet, where you tick three choices out of the six, a choice of plain rice or wholemeal rice with soup for $40 and $30 for takeout.

I think I should point out in my review that the staff there have hearing impairments as stated in their equal opportunities statement.
It was mentioned in the chinese review, but I just came here by the pictures without reading the reviews.


Anyway, it took a while for them to get the meal ready, because the red beancurd dish had run out.
For my six choices, I chose red beancurd vegetables, tomato and potato curry, and tomato and egg.

One of the good choices, the fried taro paste patty was crossed off from the list and replaced with the egg and tomato.


Rice:
too mushed and clumped together.

Curry tomato and potato:
Tasted quite tomatoey, and I managed to find a piece of Okra!!
Texture: watery.

Red beancurd vegetables:
Tasted a bit bland, and very Starchy/gritty due to the lotus seeds.

Egg and tomato:
Too sweet

Soup:
Typical vegetarian soup taste that is sweet and has a strong taste of beans.

Overall, it is a good place for healthy food, but maybe slightly too noisy.
I think next time I will check out the food side before the sheet to see what it actually looks like before making up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...