Thursday, March 29, 2012

Expensive fried egg and luncheon meat with rice @ 昌記茶餐廳

This place is famous for fried egg with soy sauce, with a combination of either vegetable curry, luncheon meat, or roasted pork.

The set cost $30 which includes the usual chinese drink.

Basically it is bed of rice with two pieces of fried luncheon meat and a fried egg.

This simple dish should taste nice, but somehow I found the egg overfried and rubbery, and the luncheon meat was very dry.
The other people around me had a nice runny egg, but mine was overdone.
The soy sauce was tasteless.

I think if it tasted nice, then $30 is very well spent, but since it was a bit dry, I felt that I was paying too much since it was only a plain fried egg and luncheon meat.

But then maybe I just happened to get one that was over done, because the people queuing for this place is huge, so it cant be that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...