Friday, March 30, 2012

Ostrich meat with noodle @ Yat Woon Min

Since I saw the good pictures of the noodles in sauce, I have been budding to come here.

However, the portions were very small, even with the extra vegetables we ordered, I still felt hungry.

I was expecting there would be some French beans on top of the noodles as shown on the OR pictures, but there was none.

Having said that, I really liked the egg based noodles here, they were wide and flat. Lacked elasticity as it was egg based. I love noodles in soy sauce especially when there is no pork oil involved. Had noodles with Ostrich meat and the pork belly, the pork belly was soft, and the ostrich meat tasted like beef, slightly chewy.
The whole dish reminded me of 涼拌簥麥麵 at 普洱(前名滇園) Tsuen Wan, except the sauce dosnt have vinegar, and there is more sauce to it, the portion at Tsuen Wan is much bigger.
It used to be located in Laichikok/Cheung Sha Wan before it moved to Tsuen Wan.
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=13271

The pork bone soup, tasted like chicken to me, and very strong in peppar.

As for the vegetables, it could have been cut better, it was just the whole thing cut in quarters, it needed the sauce to enhance the flavour, the homemade sauce was good too, not too spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...