Tuesday, April 03, 2012

LKYCS's last christmas @ 樂香園咖啡室

Heard it was shutting down soon from Chan Jan, so decided to pay a visit to this Chinese style cafe, a place I don't usually set foot in. The calendar at Lok Heung Yuen signifies the cafes age, it is one of those manual old date boards.

Before going, I checked its reviews, and saw that it was famous for Oyster cakes and tomato cakes. I was a bit puzzled because not many Chinese cafés offer them; all was answered when I got there, because it is a Chiu Chow styled café.

Apart from the fried cakes, I was recommend the chicken pie by Chan Jan. Before ordering it, I really did not know what to expect of a Chinese pie, never tried a Chinese pie before, ie would it look like an English pie? What would be inside it?

Anyway, I ordered the chicken pie, scrambled eggs with prawn and rice, stir fried black bean sauce clams and the oyster cake too. The tomato cake the one I most wanted to try was not available that day.

The chicken pie turned out looking like a normal pie, with a sweet crunchy short crust pastry, and chicken inside.
Then I had the scrambled eggs, the best I have eaten so far, just like Australian Milk co, the egg has a yolk like layer on top of it, just like a half cooked egg, and tasty spring onions mixed in it.

As for the evening snacks, they were ok; the oyster cake was a bit greasy, would have been perfect if I could have tried the tomato cake too, but that’s just life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...