Sunday, April 01, 2012

Delicious chips with cheddar sauce @ Burger Mix

Again I was drawn to this place because of chips, not the chips itself, but the cheese sauce, not the melted cheese type, but a smooth runny cheddar sauce.

I like various styles of chips, especially poutine, gravy and chips, curry sauce and chips.

Anyway the chips here and the sauce complemented each other very well. Firstly the chips were light golden yellow, and not too burnt, giving it a crispy skin with a nice and soft starchy centre.
The oil was fresh, hence there was no foul taste in it.
The sauce was nice and runny, and salty enough to flavor the chips.
It reminds me of the American Cheese sauce, shown on the pic, but not as thick as that, and the sauce here does not go thick after a while.

I was a bit hesitant in trying outside food bars due to the hot weather, but the chips were hot, but not piping hot, and they were ready very quickly too, so either they had been done for a while.

I wanted to try the burgers, but there wasn’t a comfortable environment to eat.

Price wise, I thought the fries were a bit expensive, just a small cup, but since the quality was so good, I thought it was worth it. Comparing the cost of fries and their burgers, they both cost around $1X so if you are ordering burgers and adding additional fries, it would be a better deal.

In the distant future, when the weather cools down, I will probably try their burgers, mainly because the reviews say the patty is thin, and also the cheese sauce is good.
Apart from the tuna burger I had at Freshness, I believe this is the second place in HK that serves it, but only for breakfast/afternoon periods.

The menu saids you can choose the fillings, sauce, but it didnt say what sauces they had, so I am guessing the usual tomato, cheese, mustard etc.

Even if food is not an option, the drinks would be an option to me, Grape smoothie sounds interesting, Apple honey, and exciting sodas such as Peach, Strawberry.

The price for the sodas are quite reasonable too for $10. The smoothies are also quite cheap for $15 too, usually they are at least $30 or more. They even have milkshake too, but not sure what standard they are.

I hope next time I visit, their fries are still at that standard, not overcooked, and their frying oil is kept fresh.
Reminds me of American cheese sauce
Reminds me of American cheese sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...