Sunday, April 01, 2012

Five star salesy waitor @ 五星餐廳 Five Stars Restaurant

Usually when I walk, chinese cafe restaurants NEVER catch my eye, and I will 99% whiz past them, only today because it was raining, and stuck behind a bunch of zombies, my curious eye wandered down to their daily lunch sets.

I saw the beef steak with peach and duck breast, so ordered that, and bittermelon with pork.

The waitor at the front was very chatty, infact you could say a chatterbox, he boasted the soup had no msg and boiled for over 10 hours.
Anyway within our wait, we were already subconsiously hearing stuff from him, and then he reckons he usually sees us walk across on the opposite street.

Finally got our food, I was just curious to see if is was 5 star quality like their name.
Well first of all, was only given two pairs of chopsticks and one meal spoon.

Anyway since the chinese spoons are useless to me, it didnt bother me, so I got used my own normal spoon, anyway the peach sauce was quite good, the onions were crunchy but sweet, fair amount of sliced button mushrooms, peaches, and pineapple.
Then eating the beef was a bit tricky. I think my use of chopsticks is rather handicapped, so I got out my knives and forks to finish it!! The duck breast was ok, slightly fat.
The only thing I didnt like was the diced carrots, they were rock hard!

The bittermelon was ok, nice and soft, and fully flavoured.

The soup contained no MSG as the waitor stated, and because it contained the dried octopus, it is able to get the saltiness from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...