Monday, April 02, 2012

Honey malt cake @ Starbucks

I rarely go to Starbucks these days, as Pacific Coffee is always nearby, and I can always grab the regular quiches, sandwiches and whatever takes my fancy.

This visit, I came with intention to try their Honey Malt Cake, which is the same one advertised by Maxims as the Angel Chiffon cake.
I would have tried the Maxims one, but it comes as a whole cake.

Anyway, the one here, had the honey comb pieces in a separate little dish.
When I ordered it, the staff asked me if I wanted it to be heated, which is rather weird, cos the cream would melt.
She then passed me the cake, which annoyed me a bit, cos I had the expectation to add the honeycomb pieces myself and sprinkle it where I want.

In general the cake tasted very nice, very soft, not too sweet, and the honey comb pieces gave it some extra sweetness.

I wanted to try their Apple fritter, but I will save it for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...