Sunday, April 01, 2012

Mountain yam with noodles @ 京笹居酒屋 Kyozasa Restaurant

Went here for Japanese because of the photos added by other OR reviewers looked good.

Although there has only been 4-5 reviews so far, the photos made it look good enough to try.

The only thing I didn’t like about this place, was the stench of cigarette smell when I walked in, and remained that way when we sat down.
Also there were plenty of tables, I couldn’t understand why we were placed in very closed proximity to the next table when the rest of the restaurant was empty.
I would have also preferred a bigger table, since the table we had was not that sufficient to place all of our food. I had to put the condiment tray on the table next to us to get more space.

I wasn’t impressed with the menu, there were no pictures at all, and the range was incomplete, I couldn’t find the food mentioned on the reviews, so I had to ask for it.
The menu was like an effortless printed list with Chinese and English from a word document and placed in those A4 plastic folders. I asked for pictures and was given a photo album, which was only for the highlighted or popular items.

Moving on to the food, ordered Bonito Tofu, clams in Sake, Rolled Beef with spring onions and garlic, Squid and fermented beans rice, and soba noodles with mountain yam.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bonito Tofu:Tasted better than imagined, the outside was crunchy, and the inside was soft and smooth.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Clams in Sake:Tasted really good, when the bowl arrived, you could smell the sake.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rolled Beef:I have had better ones before, so this one was terrible, very fatty and the inner of the roll was not that well cooked.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Squid and fermented beans with rice:
Tasted a bit bland, but overall it all tasted good.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Soba noodles with Mountain Yam:
I asked for the cold one, but they suggested the soup one. I wish I had stayed with my choice, as the soup made the noodles too soft, and waters out the flavour. The mountain yam gets diffused in the soup.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...