Sunday, April 01, 2012

Buffy the bakery @ 波菲 Buffy's Bakery

The name of this bakery reminds me of buffy the vampire slayer, however the bakery there is fabulous.
I really like their simple packaging, they have used self adhesive plastic bags.

I have brought good buns from here before, but the shop looks different to the one in Tsuen Wan. Anyway today I got the pistachio souffle cake and the seaweed crunchies.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Souffle cake:It was so dreamily delicious, I need to get more next time, I was expecting some sweet old cake, but it was soft like chiffon, and the pistachio paste in the middle was smooth as truffle.
The pistachio paste was very nutty with a slight bitterness.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Seaweed crunchies:Not as good as it should be, like all Asian bakeries, all the savouries items will taste sweet.
However its textures and shape is exactly the same as the british JACOB’s Twiglets, a wheat based crunchy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twiglets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...