Sunday, April 01, 2012

Chinese pina colada @ Hui Lau Shan

These days I am beginning to like huilaushan, I have been trying mango free products.
(Mango is a popular in hk, yes i know, but i hate the taste of mango)

This time I got the Golden pineapple with crystal jelly to go with my dumplings from the new four seas dragon.

The layers of the drink was quite pretty, clear jelly at the bottom ( crystal jelly), layered by clear yellow, then coconut milk on top with some pineapple pieces.

After mixing the layers, I found notes of vanilla, then sweetness of pineapple and the crystal jelly.
Overall it was a bit like Pina Colada.

Althought HLS claims to be healthy, yes I do agree fruit is healthy, but sometimes I think too much sugar is not healthy.
I agree sugar should be added, but for natrually sweet fruits such as mango and banana there is no need, infact this is why i like smoothies, as the banana is a good natural sweetener to balance out the sourness of the berries.,

But anyway, I requesteds for less sugar in my pineapple drink, it was fairly sweet, so I would hate to imagine the the sweetness of normal one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...