Monday, April 02, 2012

dried prawn roe and fish floss with noodles @ 楊記麵家 Yeung's Noodle

I came here especially to try the dried prawn roe and fish floss with noodles. I was assuming the fish floss would taste sweet, just like pork floss.

Anyway I ordered the dried prawn roe fish floss noodles, the noodles were covered in an abundunce of dried prawn roe and fish floss. When I tried the fish floss, it was crunchy with an oven roasted saltiness. The dried prawn roe, had that salty taste to it.

The noodles were soft, and slightly moist to adhere the roe, and fish floss, all tasted to perfection, however I felt the other noodles would be a bit bland, as the fish gives it the strongest flavour.

After getting halfway through the noodles, I could taste the pork fat used to mixed the noodles together, I suppose without it, the whole combination wouldnt work.

Finally the soup was a good thing to finish the noodles off with, sweet in taste, and no MSG whatsoever. However I could not taste the slight bitterness described by others, nor the dried fruit peel.

Anyway will definately come here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...