Monday, April 02, 2012

Spinach noodles in tomato soup @ 羅坤發粉麵 Lo Kwan Fat Noodles

After seeing the appetising pictures posted on Openrice, I was there to try the spinach noodle in tomato soup, honestly if the noodle had been white or yellow, I probably wouldn’t have read the review in much detail, but it turns out the green noodle is spinach noodle.

When I got there, I poked the picture of it, and didn’t know what “ngau gan” was, as I couldn’t see clearly from their picture, so asked the waitress.
Anyway I got this very impressive answer; well “ngau gan” is just “ngau gan”!

It turns out when I got the noodles, the “ngau gan” is just beef tendons.

The bowl was filled with halved tomatoes, plenty of beef tendons and the green spinach noodles.

Took a sip at the soup, not very sour, but not artificial tomato soup, as for the noodles not that tasty, but after waiting a while for it to soak up the soup, it was ok.
As for the beef tendons, I selectively ate them, as they usually contain animal hair in them.
It was quite soft, and strong in that beef belly marinade.

The place was not as clean as described, but OK to eat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...