Sunday, April 01, 2012

Sweet durian roll and fried ice-cream @ 甜心甜品屋 Honey Well Confectionery

I came here for dessert, the choices of dessert here were not overly exciting, basically the same desserts which could be found at other places. The coconut cake was sold out, but interesting, as the chinese was coconut pie.
I was puzzled why this place is called confectionary in English, because confectionary does not quite correlate to desserts.

I ordered the Sweet durian roll, and fried ice-cream, if I had seen the fried banana on the menu, I would have ordered that.

Sweet durian roll:Tasted better than expected, creamy ripe durian inside the sweet white wrap. The wrap was jelly like. There were clear bits of jelly on top mimicking birds nests, but it wasn’t agar, the texture was more like konjac.

Fried ice-cream: tasted ok, nothing surprising about it, at the least the oil was fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...