Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cake & Tea lovers appreciation party @ Sinmei Tea


 
Thank to Sinmei teahouse and her friend who is dedicated to baking lovely cakes for holding a floral tea party for tea and cake lovers.
There was a new cake, which I wanted to try and I finally got to try that today which was the banana and toffee cake.
As well as cakes it was paired with red tea which I was surprised to learn that the red tea was Chinese because in China they have some fine red teas as well.
I found these red teas really nice and could not stop drinking them because they had a really pleasant taste.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Banana toffee cake:
As expected this was really nice, it was topped with caramelised sliced bananas.
The sweetness was just right and the cake was rich and dense. The top of the cake was even better it was slightly chewy.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Chocolate cup cakes:
I love cup cakes. In Hong Kong it is hard to bake your own cup cakes, as ovens are rare in HK and cakes so relatively cheap to buy these days.
These cup cakes reminded me of the ones at school but these were much richer and had a delicious chocolatey taste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Quiche:
My favourite because good quiches are rare. The quiche crust and pastry was unique, it was similar to filo pastry so it was much lighter. The quiche filling was delicious, it had lots of pure cheese in it.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★ Apart from appreciating the cakes and tea, there was cute Mithu as well which I am sure everyone loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...