Thursday, December 06, 2012

Roast chicken at the French end of Manhattan Ave

Found out about this place through a friend who was invited to their tasting session on the social media site. As much as I would have wished, I was not invited but anyway I love roast chicken so went there to try their food.

However when I got there, I did not realise they didnt have any dining tables so I just got the dessert because I like to eat freshly roasted chicken immediately when it tastes the best.

It would be good though if they had wooden bench tables outside for al-fresco dining because that road is a dead end anyway so there will be no vehicles but people.

Next to La Rotisserie is another French joint which sells baguettes called Chez Meli Melo, I hope that this place will have a positive impact on it and will become a French street, and perhaps La Creperie should move here too!

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
The Chocolate cake topped with guerande salt: The chocolate cake is not as heavy and sickly as it looks.
It is similar to a brownie and the cocoa taste is extremely strong and not cloyingly sweet.
There was not much guerande salt on my cake, but it still tasted nice.
The texture was interesting, it was really soft and crumbles in your mouth into smooth velvety paste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Roast chicken As well as the chicken here I have still got to try Chicken on the run too!
It would be interesting to see how these two compare and I wonder when Nando's will open a branch in Hong Kong too.
Anyway the chicken here is fabulous, it was full of flavour and herbs.
The chicken texture was natrual too.The chickens are rubbed with herbs and their secret spices before they are put on the rotisserie! Be sure to reserve your chicken as they are sold chicking fast! ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Roast potatoes The roast potatoes are baked beneath the chickens in the Rotisseries so when the juice from the chicken drops, it falls directly on the potatoes. The potatoes tasted FANTASTIQUE!!!
However they were slightly too salty. ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
I will be back for the quiches and the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...