Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Namkee revolution to a greener future


 
I have probably dined at NamKee about three times after they rebranded from the traditional shop because I am not a fan of these Chinese noodles especially the thick rice vermicelli.

I dined at Namkee just for the spring rolls and if you are not a local it is hard ordering there because there was no English and they rush you with your order.

The new NamKee H denoted by an extra H in the name is modern and has more choices.
Anyway, when I read the reviews for NamKee H, I loved the new decor and the green theme.

The menu is also simpler and has English, there is a wider choice for broths too, the normal NamKee was just not my style.

Although none of the noodles were my cup of tea, I came here especially for the tomato broth and tofu cutlet balls which are new items and not available at the ordinary Namkee branches.

The ordering style was much more relaxed and they explain to you how to order and the different broths and choices available.

At every table there is an ipad with full internet service so you can check out the reviews on this place or plan where to eat afterwards or whatever you want to look at.
The condiments at the table were also labelled.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Unsweetened soy milk:
It truly was unsweetened however the soy milk was quite watery and the soy bean taste was weak.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Coffee:
The coffee blend they used was Movenpick.
I do not drink coffee so I cant comment.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Vermicelli in tomato broth:
I do not like this type of vermicelli but I did not like the other noodles so I picked this so that it could absorb the tomato broth.
The tomato broth was quite nice and natrual however the tomato taste could have been stronger and more sour.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Thick noodles in spicy and sour broth:
I was surprised both the noodles and soup were good, the spicyness was just right and the noodles were nice and soft.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Romaine lettuce:
The lettuce was tender and was blanched just right. The taste of the lettuce was enhanced by the soup.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Spring rolls:
As always these taste the best, prawn patty wrapped in bean curd skin.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Beef belly:
Delicious beef in strong marinade.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Tofu cutlet balls:
As expected I really liked it because there were pieces of carrots in the tofu patty.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Photos of the restaurant:
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...