Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cold Meze platter @ Bahce

Bahce Turkish Restaurant (Lantau Island)
After the delicious food at China Bear, I walked past this shop and saw people having some dishes that looked delicious.

So waited a while until I was a little hungrier and tried this place.

I am not familiar with Turkish food so I didn't know what the dish was that I saw earlier, but since they had a Meze platter I ordered that instead.
There was either a hot meze or a cold meze so I chose the cold one because the hot one seemed a bit heavy.

The Cold Meze basically had: Hummus, Green beans, Kisir, haydari, dolma, eggplant, served with salad.

The pita bread was for dipping the Mezes.


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Hummus:

The hummus was ok, but not sour enough so after adding the lemon it tasted so much nicer.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Green beans:

The sauce that it was in was tomato puree, but the tomato tasted quite artificial.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Kisir:

Basically, this was couscous and I loved it because there was lots of cumin in it.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Haydari:

This was basically garlic and dill yoghurt dip, the dill was a bit too strong.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Dolma:

This was rice wrapped in vegetables leaves, it was too minty and oily for my liking.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Egg plant:

This was my favourite dip, but there was not much egg plant taste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...