Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Great food at Café&Meal MUJI, but I am still hungry

Café&Meal MUJI (Causeway Bay)
Muji is a well known Japanese brand that sells stationary, household and consumer goods.

Muji is distinguished by its design minimalism, emphasis on recycling, avoidance of waste in production and packaging, and no-logos and basic colours used in their products.

As well as goods, you can now eat there too at Café & Meal MUJI.

To match their style, the restaurant is also simple and minimalistic.

Before ordering you choose a table and they will put down the reserved sign to indicate that it is taken.

Basically there are sets.

There is a set where you can choose 3 or 4 items from the cold and hot selection and there is a butter curry chicken.
The sets comes with rice/ten grain rice and a soup/drink.

For the 4 item set, you have to choose two dishes from the cold deli and two from the hot deli.

Cold Deli:

Hot Deli:

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Four item set:

1) Baked mackerel with tomato curry sauce (hot)
There was not much tomato or curry taste, but the mackerel itself tasted ok.
2) Japanese style Sargassum salad (cold)
This was my favourite because I liked the sargassum algae and it was refreshing.
3) Omelet with assorted vegetables (cold)
I know this is meant to be cold, but it was icy cold.
4) Miso eggplant gratin (hot)
The miso taste was not strong but there was minced meat in this dish as well.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Ten grain rice:

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Oolong tea:

The oolong tea was surprisingly good because it had a strong leafy taste.
After I finished the drink, I ripped the teabag and found whole leaves inside.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Chicken salad with black sesame sauce:
This was a good mix of french beans and chicken in black sesame sauce.
The colour of this sauce reminded me of of the black caesar salad at Beautifood.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Butter Mixed Vegetables Chicken Curry:

I am going to make the same comment as 梵高將軍
The amount of chicken in this is PATHETIC!
If I am in a non meat eating mode then this is great, but I was in a meat eating mode that day and I was mega hungry and there was one ONE PIECE of chicken in the curry and the other three were potatoes.
The amount of rice was stingy but to be fair the curry sauce was delicious an buttery and not spicy at all.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
On my next visit I hope to try the tofu prawn patty from the hot deli section and the chicken burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...