Thursday, December 06, 2012

Hainan style chicken @ Jordan's Pak Don

To be honest I came in here because there were not many people dining in here!

Sometimes this is how I choose my restaurants because when there are fewer people, the restaurant will be more patient at taking orders and the quality is slightly better because it is not rushed.
Ordered the rice with chicken medium which does not come with soup.
If you order the large set it comes with golden pumpkin soup for $4X.

As I have not tried this place before I ordered the medium size because I actually wanted to eat at Hoi Kee's next door but needed something as a filler first.
Although I did not order the soup, I caught a glimpse of the golden orange soup which reminded me of Hainan chicken place at Sai King located in the narrow lane.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Hainan style chicken:
The rice was a little too soft but it was greased by chicken oil which made it easy to eat and swallow.
The chicken was quite nice because I was given decent white meat, there was only two pieces which was the bony end of the chicken wingette which I could not eat and can be seen placed on the side of the plate along with chicken skin.
The sauces given were sweet dark soy sauce, chili sauce and ginger puree (green).
My favourite was the ginger puree which was not even salty.
The chili sauce was too watery and sweet for my liking and the soy sauce was the sweet syrupy type.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...